Big Brothers Big Sisters Clothing Drive
We are collecting clothing, shoes, and bedding (all ages and sizes) for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands for the entire first quarter of 2022. For an extended list of items they need, you can visit https://www.bbbsdonationpickup.com/acceptable-items.
Nebraska Humane Society Supply Drive
The Nebraska Humane Society is our third quarter charity, but as you may know, they recently saved 500+ animals from a home – on top of those they take care of on a daily basis. We want to help them during this time of need, so we have also set up a donation bin for them that will be up until the end of January. Here is their Amazon wish list, here is their Chewy wish list, and here is their general list of needs.
A key fabric of our DNA is helping those in our community who need us most. Every year, our charitable efforts help to improve the quality of life for the residents of our community through fundraising, drives, and event partnerships.
In 2021 we donated just over $6,200 to our four charities: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands, Open Door Mission, ALS of the Heartland, and Child Saving Institute.
Each of these organizations does essential work for members of their community, and it was our honor to be able to help them to continue bringing their important services to people now more than ever.
Our four charities in 2022 are: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands, ALS of the Heartland, Nebraska Humane Society, and Child Saving Institute. We have a lot of fundraising opportunities planned for the year, so stay tuned to see how you can get involved.
Community Support in a Pandemic: other ways you can help
If you are financially stable during this COVID-19 pandemic, we encourage you to donate to one (or more) local charities that can really use it. The organizations in our community do powerful work and provide services that people need now more than ever.
- Child Saving Institute is in desperate need of funds to continue their life-saving programs. They serve those who are most vulnerable and are suffering right now, due to COVID-19. You can give to their critical programs here.
- The Open Door Mission is looking for funds and supplies. Check out their Facebook page for specifics and here's their Amazon wish list.
- Foodbank for the Heartland is hosting mobile pantries and drive-up solutions for those in need. Please see their donation options during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Blood is a crucial part of emergency preparedness for hospitals and the supply must be constantly replenished. The United States is facing a severe shortage of blood due to the Coronavirus. The American Red Cross or Nebraska Community Blood Bank are two organizations to donate. It's easy to set up an appointment online and they offer safe donation sites.
There are plenty of ways to help others in this time of need without spending a single dime! You can do all of these from the comfort of your own home:
- Write a review for your favorite business on Facebook, Google or Yelp
- Like their Facebook page or follow them on Instagram or Twitter
- Re-share or comment on their social media posts
- Tag friends if you think they'd like the business, too
- Share a picture of you with a product from the small business
- Subscribe to their newsletter
- Buy a gift card to use later or make an online purchase
We're thinking about you and all the other members of our community at this time.