Become a Member!
Credit unions were historically formed around a single place of work, industry, labor union or membership association. Mutual 1st
Federal is community chartered, so if you live, work, worship, or attend school in any of the following counties in Nebraska and Iowa, you are eligible for membership at Mutual 1st
- Pottawattamie County, IA
Immediate family members of Mutual 1st
Federal members can also join.
Benefits of Membership
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we're here to help improve your financial well-being by offering you convenient products and services at great rates. As a member you get:
- Lower rates, better dividends and lower fees
- Free mobile banking app*, including mobile check deposit
- Access to over 75 ATMs across the metro, including most Nebraska Walgreens locations
- Access to over 5,000 credit unions nationwide through our shared branching network
- Discounts on popular programs such as insurance, new vehicle purchases, cell phone contracts, tax software and more. Learn more in our benefit center.
What it means to be a "Member"
Becoming a member of Mutual 1st
Federal – or opening an account and making a deposit – means you own a share of the institution. We are owned by the members we serve, so each member has equal ownership and vote – regardless of how much money the member has on deposit.
Our members elect our Board of Directors, who leads the credit union and ensures that decisions made benefit the entire membership. If you wish to volunteer on the Board of Directors or another operating committee, please contact us
Still confused about what a credit union is? Learn more about Mutual 1st Federal
Check out member events and see how we give back by visiting our Community Center
*Mobile banking is free; data and other wireless carrier charges may apply.